Reading Bakery Systems, headquartered in Robesonia, Pennsylvania, is a leading manufacturer of industrial ovens and other bakery equipment, providing high-quality systems for the production of cookies, crackers, biscuits, pretzels, baked potato chips, baked crisps, bread snacks, pet treats and more.
Flexible, High-Quality Ovens
The biscuit, cookie and cracker industry has trusted Thomas L. Green ovens for more than 120 years. The PRISM OVEN is a flexible single-pass baking platform with repeatable control of time, temperature, humidity and type of heat transfer that is designed to enhance product consistency.
We offer hybrid ovens for efficient and cost effective baking. We utilize DGF sections for product development and cooking functions, and convection zones for moisture removal and balanced coloring.
- Direct gas fired, convection, and recirculation (combination radiant/convection) baking zones
- Better baking efficiency with uniform quality, color, taste and texture
- Adjustable air velocity circulation in oven chamber
- Non-corrosive steel interior (stainless optional)
The PRISM OVEN is now available with the Thermatec High Radiant Ceiling - a new technology that offers performance comparable to traditional fire brick oven ceilings. It radiates heat as effectively as fire bricks, is less expensive, and does not need the maintenance that fire bricks require.
To explore the capabilities of the PRISM OVEN, visit our Science & Innovation Center, a fully equipped, licensed research and development facility which offers a complete process line where customers can duplicate conditions they might encounter in full-scale production.
For flexibility and easy product changeovers, we offer a 600mm wide x 10.5m long PRISM OVEN that is capable of baking a wide variety of products. The oven features two convection oven zones with electric radiant elements. After baking, the product is transferred to a 600mm wide x 3.7m long dryer that can be configured as single or multi-pass. The Oven and Dryer are individually controlled using a remote OIT control station.
When your product line involves pretzels, potato chips and other baked snacks, the flexible Reading Pretzel SPECTRUM OVEN® offers a variety of heat transfer combinations. It features:
- Radiation, convection and conduction heat transfer options
- Separate heating zones for more precise control
- Repeatable control of time, temperature, humidity and type of heat transfer
- Stainless steel interior construction
Large cleanout oven access doors for easy cleaning Both the PRISM OVEN and the SPECTRUM OVEN® are available in full stainless steel construction where salt, corrosion or high humidity levels are a concern.
In our efforts to help customers perfect their processes and products with baking equipment and complete turnkey systems that are tailored to their needs, Reading Bakery Systems provides ovens with these and other energy efficient features:
- Heat exchangers that use pre?heated exhaust air in convection baking zones
- Fuel flow meters to record fuel usage and identify opportunities for improvement
- Oven belts with lower mass densities
- Downtime software for idle oven periods when no product is being processed
Contact Reading Bakery Systems today at (01) 610-693-5816 to find out more about the world’s most advanced industrial ovens, and learn how we can help perfect your manufacturing process and your product.