Reading Bakery Systems (RBS), headquartered in Robesonia, PA, manufactures state-of-the-art industrial bakery solutions for customers in Philadelphia and around the world. We can help you customize equipment and systems to meet your individual needs.
As a long-time global leader in the snack food industry, we proudly offer the world’s most advanced equipment from Thomas L. Green, which has supplied the biscuit, cracker and cookie industries since 1893, Reading Pretzel (the forerunner of Reading Bakery Systems), whose long history of oven manufacturing expertise dates back to 1947, and Exact Mixing, the world’s most innovative developer of Continuous Mixing solutions.
The RBS team is driven by an unparalleled level of commitment to high quality and is focused on innovation, reliability, ease-of-use, and worldwide service and customer support.
Continuous Mixing Solutions
Batch mixing has been the mixing method in the bakery industry for many years. However, technologies developed over the last 20 years have made it possible to produce up to 20,000 pounds of dough per hour with the help of modern bulk handling, metering and mixing technologies.
Our Exact Continuous Mixers come in all sizes, ranging from 100 to 10,000 kg/hour, and are available based primarily on dough moisture levels or dough mixing stages, for example:
- Exact EX Continuous Mixer is ideal for low-absorption, stiff, wheat-based doughs, such as crackers, bagels, pretzels, pizza, sweet goods and pet treats.
- Exact HDX Continuous Mixer is well-suited to ultra-high absorption doughs for buns, breads, rolls, English muffins or tortillas.
- Exact LDX Continuous Mixer is an excellent choice for cookies and other products that require two-stage mixing.
- Exact MX Continuous Mixer offers intense mixing for products requiring high energy mixing, such as icings, cremes, batters and fillings.
- Exact FX Continuous Mixer is a high intensity mixer that can be used to produce potato-, corn- and rice-based products and specialty baked snacks such as fabricated potato chips.
Baking & Drying Solutions
When you manufacture biscuits, cookies or crackers, the Thomas L. Green PRISM OVEN is the ideal choice. The single-pass baking platform is designed to improve product quality and consistency.
With the Reading Pretzel SPECTRUM OVEN®, customers who produce pretzels, bread snacks, crisps, and potato snacks will benefit from a variety of heat transfer combinations in one modular design.
The convection baking platform features operator-controlled air temperature, circulation speed, exhaust, and moisture removal for reliable, consistent baking of snacks. Add an optional SPECTRUM Multi-Pass Dryer to increase oven speed, production throughput and process control.
Turnkey Production Solutions
RBS’ turnkey production systems create sheeted and rotary moulded products and have the flexibility to integrate batch or continuous mixing, with production volumes that range from 200 - 5500 kg/ hour. For example, consider our Pretzel & Snack Systems, Cracker Systems, Hard & Soft Biscuit Systems, Pet Treat Systems, and other modern, high volume systems.
Reading Bakery Systems is ready to help you meet your process and product challenges in Philadelphia with innovative thinking and high-quality industrial baking equipment. Get in touch with us at (01) 610-693-5816 for more information.